Thursday 8 November 2007

A rat came in...

..and i ran out and I even laughed at it, I am so proud that I didn't cry again!! I am more worried about tonight though!
After it happened I made them all come to the cafe (if you can call it that!) and had drinks and pastries!
This morning we went to the orphanage in Dondo, where the younger children are, it was very moving and humbling to see, as I walked into the building the smell of urine hit me - they dont have any running water. All the children wanted to do was climb up and have cuddles, or play and hold hands - what a priviledge to be able to do that.
This afternoon we went shopping for things for Dondo, as they have nothing we managed to over spend, but it all seems so obscene that we can buy all that without thinking and they have nothing.
I am having challenges every day, some I am not enjoying but I would not miss this for the world.
please keep praying that there wont be too many more rats - lets not even think of the spiders and snakes!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good time.

Proud of you coping with everything. By next Thursday you won't want to come home!

Love
Mum x

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading all your news .I think you are marvellous and coping so well. Enjoy yourself.

Love
Pamxx

Marion said...

You're doinh brilliantly- well done! I knew you'd fall in love with the place when you went- rats and all!! Love to everyone!! Keep your hands off Augusto!!Ha ha

Katie Mamma said...

Sounds like you are really glad you went - well done - you are doing so well.

Love and prayers

Kathleen xx