Wednesday 7 November 2007

What an experience

this afternoon we all had to climb in the back of the truck on the way to the orphanage
first thing i did was climb in ok - hooray!!!!! then I sat on the side and was even brave enough to not hold on at some points!! - dont worry Mum I am fine!
We got to the orphanage and what a welcome, the children were so pleased to see us and all they wanted to do was have their photos taken, have cuddles/hands held and a bit of attention - I even started doing maths with them - ME doing maths!!!! one of the boys said I was an intelligent lady - he doesnt know me too well then!
One lovely thing to see, but also sad, was when Sue and Bob gave them balloons, the boys were thrilled with them and were having so much fun with them as we were leaving!
We had a very windy journey on the back of the truck, slightly concerned when the driver started texting!!!
Have had a lovely meal tonight!!

2 comments:

Martin said...

Naughty girl! Take care in the truck.

Anonymous said...

Dear Victoria,
One last try - wanting to post a comment for today but I put it under Saturday - I'm not used to these things! Tried another for today but cant see it there - so look under Saturday
Lots of love - A.Sheila the duffer!