Saturday 10 November 2007

ups and downs

Well, Thursday night, what a night, we had the most awful storm, I was sat on the balcony as during dinner we could hear rats squeaking!! but doors and windows were bashing thunder and lightning, and corrigated (not sure of spelling) roofs were falling off, so I was made to go in the room, then, the lights all went off, I was terrified that the rats would be running around, legs were up!! Poor Julia was afraid of the storm. Thankfully after about 30-40 mins the lights went on, and I managed to get everyone out to the cafe round the corner - storm still ongoing!!
Had a very restless night after that.

Before we went to do jobs with the Boys, Coz, Julia and I went to the street market to look around, I went to buy some Mango, I asked for 2, but got 6!! it cost 20 metacash about 40p.

Yesterday we went to Inhamizuha (the older boys) they were so pleased to see us again, we played with them, took their photos, which they love looking at, had lunch with them, yes I had a bowl of maize and beans which actually wasnt too bad! then we started painting the wall, we did the white border first and after a while the boys wanted to help, we all had such a laugh doing it, despite the sweat dripping off us!
We had given the boys some frisbees, one boy came up to me and said "what are they called in England?" when I said a frisbee they were saying "a Frisbee, frisbee..." and laughing and laughing.
Coz got the parachute out for them and played a couple of games then they took it and walked all over the sight with it, and made up games themselves - it was lovely to see.
They also had a goat born the day we arrived, and Simao has decided to name him Victor after me!! when I get home you will all see the the photo of us together!!!

In the evening we went to an indoor shopping centre where there is a posh cafe for drinks.

Today some people are starting to decorate the base lounge, then this afternoon, we are supposed to be meeting the youth at Pastor Bonga's church, before going to a prayer meeting on the beach this evening.

I cant believe how relaxed I am being about having cold showers, looking rough and sweating so much! it is a real turn about for me!
Every day has its own chllenges, good and bad, I am still learning a lot.

Thank you all for reading my blog, please do comment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

It all sounds fantastic, beginning to wish I came with you! Say hi to everyone for me.
Love
Mum

charlietiggerific said...

Sounds awesome! I know it's been a culture shock going out there, but I bet it will be a bigger one coming back! We just haven't a clue over here, have we! Keep on ejoying and blessing and being blessed! Love n hugs, Raych xxxx

Martin said...

Hi love - it's so good to hear your news, everyone here is talking about you all! I'm starting to encourage people to come with me next June - your enthusiasm will encourage them.
Love Dad

Martin said...

Everyone, do look at the other blogs, they're great: www.cozzieinmozzie.blogspot.com
www.casa-reom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you all were very pleased when the storm finished and the lights came back on.We just take every thing for granted.Take care Victoria and enjoy yourself.Lots of love Pam xx

Unknown said...

Hi Vic

Glad you are having a good time. Nice to see the pics keep them coming. Say hello to everyone for me.

See you when you get back

Andrew

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky

Just been reading today's update which is great as we can imagine you so well saying and doing all that. So pleased that you wouldn't be missing it all for the world, despite some stresses.

Lots of love and prayers

Derek, Sarah, Caitlin and Jamie xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,
I'm so proud of you! Sounds like you are having the time of your life - whether its up or down! I can just see and hear you laughing and giggling!
God bless you and keep you all safe.
Love and prayers -A. Sheila and U. Robert xxxx

Judy Ray said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. It almost feels like I am there with you. Judy