Friday 16 November 2007

A very sad day
























































Well I am back in England, although nice to see people I cant say I am over the moon to be back.
We had 3 flights on the way home that seemed to take forever!




Last Tuesday it took all that I had in me to walk into the base in Beira because of the rats, and I cried a lot. Yesterday we went to say goodbye to the boys, they sang a song which said "dont forget us" and prayed for us, which made me cry, one of the boys cried too as we left, which was heart breaking.






All the staff members came to the base to say goodbye to us, and gave us a sarong each, and after lunch we all stood in a circle holding hands while they prayed for us - and I cried, in fact I cried all the way to the airport because I didnt want to leave, it didnt help at the airport that Simao looked just as sad that we were going as we felt to be leaving.

Last Tuesday the 10 days seemed a long time to saty but it has flown by - it wasnt long enough!!



Had a good time on Tuesday when we went to Nhamatanda, on the way there we saw straw houses and I kept saying to Sue " we really are in Africa!" even a week on it still didnt feel real! Simao joked when we got there that there was a house for me to live in when I move over there - the only thing is that it doesnt have a roof yet!!




Wednesday was fab, we went shopping with Simao in the morning, then in the afternoon went to the beach, and swam in the Indian ocean!!


I am going to put some pics up and may add some more tomorrow.



To summarise, I have had the most fantastic time, better than I could have ever imagined, even with the tensions at times. I have so much over here, they have nothing compared to them, but yet they have so much more than I could ever dream of having.




Will I go again? YES! can I book now?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Victoria,what a wonderful experience you all have had. I can well imagine how sad you felt leaving but book again soon!!.
much love Pam xx